Watercolour pencils, can be used either with water or as a dry medium. The colour pencil has a water-soluble lead and highly pigmented. These types of pencils are very versatile, as easily transportable.
- Use a watercolour brush on your finished work, or brush on to the pencils tip to pick up pigment
- The tip can be dipped directly into water, though do not allow the pencil to sit in water.
- Use for adding fine details to a watercolour painting
- May be used on wet or dry paper.
- Shavings of colour can be used to create bursts of colour